New Year’s Resolutions are a popular way to reboot the way you approach your life. These are five of my resolutions for my budget and my closet.
1. I will wear clothes flattering to the size and shape of my body. Do you keep clothes for a year after your body has changed size? I am definitely guilty of this! I hold onto my favorite pair of jeans praying that I can fit into them again, even though I am now a size or two larger.
2. I will stay within my fashion budget. It is much easier to keep my wardrobe looking current if I focus on buying staples and pair it with beautiful accessories. A necklace or pashmina scarf can bring new life to a simple black dress.
3. I will try new shades of nail polish at every opportunity. I have the good fortune to work in a professional industry that encourages creativity. I can get away with a few fun shades at work but I can leave the weekends for more adventurous designs.
4. I will clean out my closet. Can you go a month without doing laundry and still maintain good personal hygiene? Yeah, me too. I have more than a month’s supply of clothes and I find myself sticking to the clothes that make me feel most like myself. It may be time for me to part with the skirt I bought on a whim and can never bring myself to wear.
5. I will not buy clothing with labels that read “Dry Clean Only.” In 2012 I am attempting to simplify my life. Avoiding high maintenance clothes will free up both time and money. What are some of your fashion resolutions?
Submit by Guest Blogger – Chrissy Begemann
Let us know your comments on here and don’t forget to connect with Chrissy on her blog and Facebook page. We look forward to more blogs from her.